Monday 30 December 2013

Transcription

Once again, it's been a while. Over the break, I've forgotten how stressful the music program can get. As I was looking through old pictures, it was a bittersweet feeling to see the pictures of one of the most redundant tasks I've been given. For those of you who were wondering what some music assignments are like, this is one of them. A transcription and analysis assignment. It is hard work and it is incredibly tedious. Handwritten notes and stems on pages of endless lines. Fun stuff. It's a killer when you look over to the corner of your bedroom and know that you'd much rather be reading one of the untouched books on your shelves. In a way, I'm both dreading and anticipating my return to these musical tasks. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the break while I still can. Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment